[cdt-dev] store permanent information

Dear CDT developers,
I am into the process on developing a CDT extension to provide users with an
intuitive interface for software modules management. A software module is
a package for the dynamic configuration of user's environment. Basically,
the idea is to let user select which modules, among those available on a target machine (either local or remote), must be loaded prior either to build or to execute
the project code.
(for more information about modules please visit: http://modules.sourceforge.net/).

I managed to develop almost all the components I designed. What I have not yet figured out how to implement is a mechanism to make user's choices be permanent across sessions. I had a look to various classes, mostly related to the ToolChain
management, which seemed to address the same problem, but I have not been
able to come out with a clear solution so far.

Could you please suggest me any document or sample classes ?

The information I need to maintain is tree like structured.

Many thanks in advance.

Kind regards.
Giuseppe

--