Re: [cdt-dev] MinGW gdb, Multi-Core Debug

On Thu, Feb 04, 2010 at 08:34:00PM -0500, Marc Khouzam wrote:
> > presumably there are extensions to the gdb server protocol to support multi core debugging?
>
> Yes, looking at the ChangeLog I saw:
>
> "(Remote Serial Protocol): Document qXfer:threads."

This isn't really for multi-core debugging.  It's just to discover the
core that a userspace thread is running on.

Real GDB support for multi-core is going to need a contributor with
multi-core experience to work out what else GDB should do, I think.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery

Back to the top