RE: [cdt-dev] Understanding CDT Parser, Editor, Outline View Interactions

Hi,

the Outline view shows more or less the CModel element
for the translation unit of the active editor.
The model is built from the AST by the CModelBuilder2.

Regarding the Outline view implementation, start looking
at CContentOutlinePage and CContentOutlineProvider.

The content of the view is refreshed by the Reconciler thread which
is triggered by document changes (with some delay), but also
by certain events from the CModel or the Indexer.
See CReconciler and CReconcilingStrategy.

HTH,
Toni