Re: [cdt-dev] autoconf/automake parsing

On 16/12/09 10:15 AM, Doug Schaefer wrote:
I'm not even sure the Makefile parser can parse Makefiles. Certainly
some of the Makefiles I've written for 3.81 confuse the hell out of it.

On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 10:12 AM, Chris Recoskie <recoskie@xxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:recoskie@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    I have the following question from a customer. I don't use
    autoconf/automake, so I'm unsure of the answer. Does anyone know?
    Jeff Johnston?

     > 1. I am wondering if the Makefile parser would be able to parse
     > Makefile.am/Makefile.in files used by autoconf/automake GNU tools?
     > Our build system is based on these tools.

The Linux tools Autotools plugin parses Makefile.in and Makefile.am files via its GNUAutomakefile class which is currently internal. Perhaps it is what you are looking for or close to it.

     > 2. Would Makefile parser be able to parse the Makefile hierarchy
     > that is five directory levels deep?

Not sure what you mean here.

-- Jeff Johnston