RE: [cdt-dev] CDT debugging with 16-bit addressable memories

Ah, well, yes. If the ability to get the addressable size is a custom behavior of your gdb/mi-based debugger engine, then the handling of it will need to be a customization in your version of the gdb/mi backend. It seems to me you should petition the gdb folks for an enhancement so we can standardize on the handling.

Specifying a default addressable size in the launch configuration seems like a good enhancement. Some embedded targets have memory with varying addressable sizes, so the setting won't be very helpful in those situations.

John