Re: [cdt-dev] CDT Build Console enhancements

Hi Dmitry,
I am pretty much with James on that:

- Run build button on concole toolbar, to run build directly from console
- "Make arguments" text field on console toolbar to pass parameters to
make when Run build is pressed

These sound like a duplication of toolbar build button and/or Make Targets View functionality. I am not against the idea but for reusing those elements when appropriate.

- Build Console output text partitioning to enable moving between errors
and going from errors to source code directly from console, not using
problems view.

This would be great to have. There have been a few attempts to do so far like bug 50124 but did not come to fruition.

- File prefixes translation in console preferences to enable view error
in local source file while compiler reported error against remote
filesystem, e.g. translate /net/user/project/src/ to C:\myProject\src.

I agree with James, this should be part of ErrorParsers framework or maybe even a part of a toolchain where there is a special provider for converting those like cygwin paths. Ideally it should be generalized to support error parsers as well.

- Save console to file button on console toolbar.

This would be useful. Maybe a button to re-parse saved output by error parsers could be useful too.

I suppose it is better to do it as existing console build modification
instead of writing plugin with another console implementation. Can these
modifications be included to CDT head? Who can help with review code and
commiting this?
Any other suggestions concerning this functionality from CDT team?

I suggest to open a bug (or use one of those existing) and if you have a patch attach it there. We'll take a look.

Thanks,
Andrew

Best regards,
Dmitry Kozlov