[cdt-dev] Need help with ScannerInfoProvider and CDT 6.0

Our project has had its own ScannerInfoProvider for a long time using the old org.eclipse.cdt.core.ScannnerInfoProvider extension. We added it to perform a make -W per file to gather the include files and macros.

This got us all the include paths specified in the Makefile itself, but not the default includes. At the end of the include fetching, we would use:

IScannerInfo info = (IScannerInfo)ManagedBuildManager.getBuildInfo(project);
String[] baseIncludes = info.getIncludePaths();

This used to get the default include path (e.g. /usr/include) until recently. Now, the info.getIncludePaths(project) returns an empty array.

In debugging, I noticed that the CDT is calling our ScannerInfoProvider with one of two imaginary files: __cdt__.cpp and __cdt__.c.

Has the ScannerInfoProvider interface been changed such that the default includes are to be generated by "our" ScannerInfoProvider when either of these two files are presented or should the ManagedBuildInfo still provide this?

-- Jeff J.

Back to the top