[cdt-dev] cdi-gdb custom response parser...

We are trying to extend the gdb-jtag plugin to connect to an embedded system for debugging.
The workflow without Eclipse looks like:

  1. Start gdb on a host system.
  2. Issue 'target ...' to connect to the remote system.  The remote
     system responds with Telnet negotiation and a ksh prompt.
3. Issue a command to start a 'stub' debugger on the remote system. The remote system responds and GDB 'returns' to the gdb prompt.

Naturally, we'd like to be able to do this within Eclipse.

We do use the RawCommand class to issue the commands, but that class doesn't appear to read and parse the output from the command.

It also appears that the response parser is associated with the session rather than with particular command types.

Is there any way to add/associate a custom response parser with RawCommand or a custom subclass of Command?

Thanks
Sean

Back to the top