Re: [cdt-dev] Extending CDT for our toolchain

Hello,

Miguel Angel Ajo Pelayo wrote:

>      We would be interested in offering eclipse in our freely
> available SDK at http://www.espardino.com , and
> we're trying to make a CDT extension to support our toolchain and
> configurations.
>
>      I must admit that we're a little bit lost because most
> information we could find it's about CDT 2.0 or CDT 3.0.
> There's some guide/doc explaining the process to extend CDT for gcc
> toolchains?

You need to read the Managed Build System Extensibility help file. Find it
at
http://help.eclipse.org/help33/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse.cdt.doc.isv/guide/mbs/extensibilityGuide/Managed_Build_Extensibility.html

This may reference cdt 3.0 or 4.0, but the method described is still valid
and is still what you need to do to make this work in the current CDT
release.

This is called creating your own toolchain. You will be creating a plugin
that extends org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core.buildDefinitions. If you
are just adding your own compiler,linker,etc, build options, and
configurations, you can do this entirely in xml.

-----
Forrest Stanley
Project Engineer
NetBurner - Build a network enabled embedded device in one day with an
Eclipse interface!
http://www.netburner.com