Re: [cdt-dev] How to get the IASTName from an IIndexName ?

>The only way to get those IASTNames would be to open the corresponding
files
>and parse them to get ASTs. This is pretty expensive and in most cases
>unnecessary.
>
>-sergey

Suppose I want to search for all references to a public field in a class and
I want the results in the form of IASTNode-s. I have to open all the files
in the workspace and search their ASTs one by one for any reference to the
field. Then what is the use of IIndexManager, IIndex, IIndexName etc.?

Can you please tell me how the C/C++ search works? Can't I invoke the same
functionality by code to find all references to a field?

Thanks,
mani