[cdt-dev] How to debug indexer problems

HI,

I am using CDT 5.01 on a fairly large project (Debian 64 Bit, Sun JVM
1.6.0_10 64 Bit). After starting to use Boost's Lambda library the
indexer suddenly stops working: it seems to stop at the first file it
finds that includes the relevant parts of the Boost Lambda library:

#include <boost/lambda/lambda.hpp>
#include <boost/lambda/algorithm.hpp>
#include <boost/lambda/bind.hpp>
#include <boost/lambda/if.hpp>
#include <boost/function.hpp>

The observable problems are a processor usage of 100%, memory usage sky
rockets (more than 6 GB), my swap file fills up and the whole machine
becomes unusable. The last entry in the error log before "The workspace
exited with unsaved changes..." after restarting Eclipse says:

Error logged from Debug Core:
java.io.IOException: read error
at org.eclipse.cdt.utils.spawner.SpawnerInputStream.read0(Native Method)
at org.eclipse.cdt.utils.spawner.SpawnerInputStream.read(SpawnerInputStream.java:62)
at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read1(BufferedInputStream.java:256)
at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(BufferedInputStream.java:317)
at java.io.FilterInputStream.read(FilterInputStream.java:90)
at org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.OutputStreamMonitor.read(OutputStreamMonitor.java:144)
at org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.OutputStreamMonitor.access$1(OutputStreamMonitor.java:134)
at org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.OutputStreamMonitor$1.run(OutputStreamMonitor.java:207)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

I have tried to create a small project but that does not show the same
effect.

Is there a way I can get to the cause (or solution!!) of this problem?
How can I determine the cause of the problem?  Because now I can use
Eclipse only as a 1000 pound VIM, without any search of F3 help.

BTW: if anyone is interested in the whole source code of the whole
project, it is available for Windows and Linux through svn
(http://trac.askesis.nl/svn/danu).

TIA

--
Groeten,