RE: [cdt-dev] Launching CDT on Windows

When you select the MinGW toolchain in the build settings, the CDT sets
the path automatically before invoking the compiler or calling make. You
didn't say what toolchain you are using but I'd ask whoever gave it to
you for the same. Mind you, you may not get it. But, you can do this
yourself manually by changing the PATH variable in the Environment tab
of your build settings.

The idea is to be able to support multiple toolchains, i.e. multiple
things call gcc, in the same workspace, or project even. Assuming the
compiler is in your PATH ahead of time prevents things like that.

At any rate, to answer your original question, there is no standard way
to launch the CDT on Windows in the way you are suggesting, mainly
because it isn't recommended.

Doug.