[cdt-dev] Programatically create CDT project

Title: Programatically create CDT project

We have a plug-in that relies on the code-browsing capabilities of CDT.  Currently we have a perl script that pre-creates/populates a directory in the workspace and we tell the users to go to the C++ Project wizard, type the project, select our project type and hit Finish.  The users, of course, would like the project creation to be part of the magic script also.

Our project type/tool chain is a stripped down version of the gcc toolchain and simply provides an alternative implementation of the scannerInfoCollector (reads the settings from a file created by the magic script).  We currently don't support "building" with our toolchain.

I can create a CDT project but have had no luck in figuring out how to set the project type/toolchain/configuration to our custom one.  I think I need to do what MBSWizardHandler.createProject() does but there seems to be several internal classes used in that method.

Any ideas or pointers would be welcome.

Thanks,
Steve Kennedy

Back to the top