Re: [cdt-dev] bug 219337 - CDT trigger re-build on non changed project dependencies

> Currently when we build a CDT project, the external builder invokes 'make
> all' on the project and all its dependencies and lets 'make' figures out
> what needs to be build.  We have a requirement to change this behaviour so
> that 'make' gets invoked only when the project and its dependencies have
> changed within Eclipse.  I've attached a patch on bugzilla for this change.
>
> I'm wondering if anyone is relying on the current behaviour.  If so, we can
> always add a new option for the proposed change in CDT preference.

The problem is that the Eclipse builder mechanism isn't fully aware of
dependencies to external header files, and as far as i can see the
proposed patch does not take that into account. So we are, in that
respect, relying on the current behavior, i.e. +1 for a specific
preference to control this.

-- Wieant

Back to the top