[cdt-dev] Cannot run program "gdb": Launching failed

First of all apologies for including these old posts in this post.  I could not figure out how to reply to the old posts and I thought they were important because they related to my new post.

I am having the same problem as Pranay,

I already had Cygwin installed - it has the latest 6.8.2 gdb installed.  I
am yet to try and debug from the Cygwin command line.  I will try that
shortly.  I get the same msg as Pranay pasted above.

Hence, in Eclipse I altered the settings for the debugger for the Hello
World exe.  I changed the debugger from simplt gdb, to the full path
C:\cygwin\bin\gdb.exe.  I have no idea what gdb on its own would refer to -
i am using the Cygwin toolchain so perhaps it simply executes gdb using this
toolchain.

The result of specifying the path to the debugger is totally different but
still ends with an error.  Now I get this in my console (HW Test Again is
the project name - the rest is simply the c++ hello world app that you can
automatically open with Eclipse new project wizard):

Warning: /Users/Entecho/Desktop/Programming/EclipseWorkspace/HW Test
Again/Debug/src;C: No such file or directory.
Warning: /Users/Entecho/Desktop/Programming/EclipseWorkspace/HW Test
Again/Debug;C: No such file or directory.
Warning: /Users/Entecho/Desktop/Programming/EclipseWorkspace/HW Test
Again;C: No such file or directory.
Warning: /cygdrive/c/Users/Entecho/Desktop/Programming/EclipseWorkspace/HW
Test Again/C: No such file or directory.
No source file named HelloWorldTest.cpp.
gdb: unknown target exception 0xc0000135 at 0x773e9cac
You can't do that without a process to debug.
kill
The program is not being run.

Furthermore, the error msg says:

Execution is suspended because of error.
 You can't do that without a process to debug.

Now I realise that this could be because using the path is totally the wrong
thing to do - please advise me if this is the case.  With the MinGW gdb it
is specified using the path so I thought that perhaps this would work.

At the moment I still can't debug with the current Ganymede Eclipse and the
current Cygwin - whether using the default setting: gdb or using the path
(as explained above): C:\cygwin\bin\gdb.exe

Any help with this would be greatly appreaciated.

Kind Regards

Dylan Reynolds