Re: [cdt-dev] API breakage on 5.0.x

I'm in the same boat, and I think other PTP and Photran developers would benefit from an introduction also. If someone would volunteer a demo we could all join the next CDT call.

Greg

On Oct 6, 2008, at 10:18 AM, Schaefer, Doug wrote:

Is there a way to enable the API tooling by default. To be honest I haven't looked at the API tooling yet so am a complete newbie. Maybe at the next conf call we can get a demo/introduction to it?

Doug.

From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Schorn, Markus
Sent: Monday, October 06, 2008 3:31 AM
To: CDT General developers list.
Subject: [cdt-dev] API breakage on 5.0.x

Hi Sergey,
with your recent check-in you have caused an API breakage on the cdt_50 branch.
Please enable API tooling to catch such errors by yourself.

I will continue to write emails about these issues until either all of us defined their baseline
(it's really easy!) or there is a formal decision that we don't want to care about breakages
like that.

Markus.

To make the tooling work in your workspace, you need to define a baseline:
Preferences - Plugin Development - API Baselines.

You can use any installation with CDT 5.0 installed, I use the Ganymede CDT-package.
More information is available here:http://wiki.eclipse.org/API_Tooling_User_Guide