Re: [cdt-dev] Stack overflow on parsing CPP file

I'm afraid I can't do this right now due to the copyrighted file. Let
me try to dig into problem.

First, I would like to understand the following code:
CPPVisitor.getContainingScopeOrNull(IASTName), line 912-919
				if (i > 0) {
					IBinding binding = names[i-1].resolveBinding();
					while (binding instanceof ITypedef) {
						IType t = ((ITypedef)binding).getType();
						if (t instanceof IBinding)
							binding = (IBinding) t;
						else break;
					}

Also, instead of real names I will use dummy class like this
class Dummy { int dummyMethod(); int dummyMethod2();  };

As you can see, line 913 is in the stack.
With the break at StackOverflowError I can see, that the name that is
passed to this method is CPPASTName for a C++ method ('dummyMethod').
Its parent is ICPPASTQualifiedName ('Dummy::dummyMethod').

getContainingScopeOrNull tries to find the name 'dummyMethod' in the
array of { 'Dummy', 'dummyMethod'}. After that, 'i' is equal to 1
(name was found at line 899)

The code at line 912 then tries to resolve the name of the class
('Dummy') once again. I can see that the name 'Dummy' (the member of
CPPASTQualifiedName) already have RecursionResolvingBinding as a
binding (i.e. it is not null. Perhaps it was assigned at
CPPASTName.resolveBinding() line: 75 when the number of attemps has
been exhaused).

Is it intended behaviour to resolve this name again?