Re: [cdt-dev] Anybody using p2?

> This is just a general question for people building IDE's based on
> Eclipse 3.4 and CDT 5.x.  I'm wondering how many people are using p2 and
> how many are sticking with the old updater.  We've run into a lot of
> issues p2-izing our products and are considering sticking with the old
> updater for now, possibly moving to p2 when Eclipse 3.5 comes out.

Warren,

We recently released a product including an Eclipse 3.4 and CDT 5
based IDE, and did switch back to the old installer since we couldn't
get p2 up and running in time. But I must admit that it was a late
decision to use the Ganymede release so we didn't spend that much time
on looking into p2. As we still have to schedule this feature any
feedback/doc/reference implementations are more than welcome.

Regards,
  Wieant

Back to the top