Re: [cdt-dev] Question on future debugger interface

Rick,

TCF is complimentary to DSF and so we did not choose one over the other. The
TCF plug-ins have sample integration with DSF. DSF provides integration of
debugger services with CDT and the Eclipse debug platform while TCF is a
protocol for communicating with debug service providers outside of Eclipse.

In your case you could use TCF and it's reference APIs to talk to your
debugger and provide the data for DSF to use for the debug model and actions
etc.

I've just oversimplified lots of stuff so I recommend you browse the DSF-TCF
integration as a starting point.

- Ken

> Thanks Ken,
>
> I would be interested in why you chose the TCF interface over DSF.
>
> Rick

Back to the top