________________________________

	From: ptp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:ptp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Chris Recoskie
	Sent: Friday, May 16, 2008 8:53 AM
	To: Chris Recoskie
	Cc: Babar, Vrushali Shrikant (Vrushali) **CTR**; Gregory R
Watson; Mike Kucera; Rob Cecco; Jason Montojo; Vivian Kong;
ptp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx; cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
	Subject: [ptp-dev] Re: Remote Indexing

	Cross-posting to cdt-dev

	===========================

	Chris Recoskie
	Team Lead, IBM CDT Team
	IBM Toronto
	http://www.eclipse.org/cdt

	 Chris Recoskie/Toronto/IBM

				Chris Recoskie/Toronto/IBM

				05/16/2008 08:51 AM

"Babar, Vrushali Shrikant (Vrushali) **CTR**" <vsbabar@xxxxxxxxx>

cc

Jason Montojo/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA, Mike Kucera/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA, Vivian
Kong/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA, Rob Cecco, ptp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, Gregory R
Watson/Watson/IBM@IBMUS

Subject

Re: Remote Indexing
<Notes:///8525716C0063B647/DABA975B9FB113EB852564B5001283EA/C93738295448
78B88525744B004284A1>

	Jason and I are currently working on the remote indexing
implementation. I just got the index populating properly late last
night. Over the next couple of days we'll get a few services such as
Call Hierarchy up and running on top of this.

	We have been waiting to do a submission until we more or less
have a few things working on top of the framework so that we can show
examples of how to implement some services. I would estimate that we'll
be doing a patch submission to PTP sometime in the next week or two.
Does that timeframe suit your needs?

	===========================

	Chris Recoskie
	Team Lead, IBM CDT Team
	IBM Toronto
	http://www.eclipse.org/cdt

	"Babar, Vrushali Shrikant (Vrushali) **CTR**"
<vsbabar@xxxxxxxxx>

				"Babar, Vrushali Shrikant (Vrushali)
**CTR**" <vsbabar@xxxxxxxxx>

				05/16/2008 08:06 AM

Chris Recoskie/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA, Jason Montojo/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA, Mike
Kucera/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA, Vivian Kong/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA

cc

Subject

Remote Indexing

	Hi,

	First of all sorry for contacting you on personal id. I am badly
stuck and not seeing any help coming from anywhere so took this step.

	I have developed a plugin by extending RSE and CDT which
understands the environment here. Also provided compile option.
	Now I am trying to induce indexing facilities.

	Problem due to which I can not go for CDT local indexing -

				- Since I am dealing with remote
resources, either maintaining local copy of project or creating a remote
project and indexing it, takes lot of bandwidth and time.

	Solution I thought of - Remote Indexing.

	I am going through the documents related with remote indexing.
	Please suggest if I am going for the right solution and if i can
have any other solution.
	I am also thinking of trying out some POC so please direct me
with any material, instructions, guidelines or any help document.

	As I was going through the link
	http://wiki.eclipse.org/PTP/planning/remote
<http://wiki.eclipse.org/PTP/planning/remote>
	I also found that some prototyping work on remote indexing has
done. I would be grateful if that can be shared.
	Since there is not much of documentation available, I am stuck
and really hoping for reply.
	Thanks in advance.

	Thanks,
	- Vrushali.