[cdt-dev] RE: [dsdp-tm-dev] RSE eclipse files system

Cross posting to cdt-dev.

Doug Schaefer, QNX Software Systems

From: dsdp-tm-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:dsdp-tm-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Doug Schaefer
Sent: Wednesday, April 18, 2007 9:10 AM
To: Target Management developer discussions
Subject: RE: [dsdp-tm-dev] RSE eclipse files system

There’s a magic extension that needs to be created in order to inform the Eclipse resource manager that an EFS can be used to create projects. I’m not sure if that has been done for the RSE. If it has, then the CDT’s new project wizard isn’t standard and you should raise a bug report against it.

There are bigger issues at the moment for using EFS with the CDT. There are a number of places where we’re assuming IPath’s to access files. Those need to be changed to URI’s. I’m a bit scared to change them all at this stage of the CDT’s Europa cycle since we’re a week and a half away from feature freeze. This might have to wait until next year.

Doug Schaefer, QNX Software Systems