  From:   "Treggiari, Leo" <leo.treggiari@xxxxxxxxx>

  To:     "CDT General developers list." <cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

  Date:   13/03/2007 10:58 AM

  Subject RE: [cdt-dev] Creating a Makefile Project in the new
  :       projectcreation UI

What about "Other Toolchain"?

Leo

-----Original Message-----
From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Chris Recoskie
Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2007 5:24 AM
To: CDT General developers list.
Subject: Re: [cdt-dev] Creating a Makefile Project in the new
projectcreation UI

I would worry about the perception you give the user with some of the
wordings people have mentioned...

Unspecified Toolchain - This makes it sound like I've done something
wrong
and that I need to specify the toolchain.  Really though, no changes are
required.

Unsupported Toolchain - This makes it sound like I've done something
really
wrong that won't even work!  But again, I'm not really supposed to
change
anything here.

Something more benign is probably in order... (Custom Toolchain?), or
just
be very explicit and say "Makefile based toolchain".

My $0.02 anyway.

===========================

Chris Recoskie
Team Lead, IBM CDT Team
IBM Toronto
http://www.eclipse.org/cdt

  From:   "Sergey Prigogin" <eclipse.sprigogin@xxxxxxxxx>

  To:     "CDT General developers list." <cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

  Cc:     "Treggiari, Leo" <leo.treggiari@xxxxxxxxx>

  Date:   12/03/2007 07:06 PM

  Subject Re: [cdt-dev] Creating a Makefile Project in the new project

  :       creation  UI

"? Unspecified Toolchain ?" is better than "? No Toolchain ?". You may
also
consider "? Unsupported Toolchain ?" or "? Unknown Toolchain ?".

-sergey