[cdt-dev] exclude certain files or subdirectories from a project root directory

Not sure if this is a newbie question.

Whenever I import a directory into eclipse as a project, it
automatically collects all files and subdirectories under it into the
project.  How do I exclude some of them from getting into the project?

I searched web and found the flexible project structure project which
supposedly fixes the problem.  However I don't see any follow-through,
nor do I see any menu or buttons that allow me to do that inside
Eclipse.

http://www.eclipse.org/eclipse/development/flexible-projects-proposal.ht
ml

I am also interested in placing the output outside the root and project
may include some files outside its root directory (overlapping).

I use Eclipse 3.2, the latest one.

Cheers.

Jun

Back to the top