|Re: [cdt-dev] ANTLR
On Feb 15, 2007, at 12:58 PM, Doug Schaefer wrote:
I've been in regular touch with Terence Parr. He is planning on releasing his book and V3 at the same time in March. Once that is done I'll put it through IPzilla. The IP team at Eclipse is overloaded with Europa items, so I'm not sure when this would all pan out.I think Chris has started looking at generating AST nodes, so our Fortran grammar is getting pretty close. If possible, we'd like to see this resolved sooner rather than later. Maybe we could submit a beta version of V3 to IPzilla? It looks like he already has the V3 license up on antlr.org. I'd be happy to help out with this.You can if you want, but the IP team has been pretty clear that they are up against the wall for Europa. You might find that it'll be after March beforethey look at ANTLR anyway.
I guess the only advantage is that it would already be in the system. If we wait until March, then I presume we'll be behind any non-Europa items that are submitted between now and then. Unless you have queue jumping powers, that is :-).
Back to the top