Re: [cdt-dev] MBS (IManagedOptionValueHandler) questions

Hi Mikhail,

I have written an IManagedOptionValueHandler. I have added a new optionCategory and options to that OptionCategory that uses the valueHandler and valueHandlerExtraArgument extension. I have added boolean and string options.

IManagedOptionValueHandler gets passed IOptionHolder and IOption.

From within the valuehandler I am using IOption.setValue(). Using these interfaces I am almost getting the behaviour I want... If it setValue() on the boolean option, the corresponding checkbox in the GUI is updated. However, if I setValue() on the string, the corresponding textbox in the GUI is not updated until I interact with the GUI in some way (check the booleans checkbox, for example).

I have no docs for ManagedBuildManager so I don't know when/how to use it. As I am passed an IOption (and it is working - mostly - for me) I am using that.

--
Derek

Sennikovsky, Mikhail wrote:
Hi Derek,

I did not fully understand how are you using the value handler
mechanism. Could you elaborate a bit more on this (i.e. where are you
calling the setValue from) so that I could understand your issue.
BTW, you should not call the IOption.setValue directly. You should use
the ManagedBuildManager.setOption() instead.

Mikhail