[cdt-dev] Setting Environment Variables though code

Hi

I posted this question in the eclipse-tools-cdt, but I'm sure is the best place, so I will post it here as well.

I'm developing a plug-in that extends CDT for some embedded programming. In that plug-in, I execute some scripts that read environment variables from CDT. Setting up those variables manually works(in the properties of the project), but I need to set them up within my plug-in code. I tried to modify the ".project" file, but that won't load the variables into the workspace (for example, doing that and going to the list of variables in the project properties don't show the new variables). Is there any way to set those variables so they will be loaded into the workspace? Maybe it can be done by changing the project file and call some eclipse method that will re-read the file, but right now I have no clue how to do that.

Thank you very much in advance

Tomas

Back to the top