RE: [cdt-dev] MBS Question

The multi-version support is intended to support a known set of versions - for example a 1.0 version of a tool chain and a 2.0 version.  Both versions can be installed on a machine and different configurations can be created that use the different versions.  A converter can also be supplied for when a user wants to update configurations that use the 1.0 tool chain to use the 2.0 tool chain.  Typically the 1.0 and 2.0 tool chains might support a different set of options.  The different versions can also implement a configuration environment provider to properly set up the build environment (paths) for the different versions.

To answer your question Doug, yes, isToolChainSupported is intended to be implemented by a tool integration that can tell whether or not the tool chain it supports is installed.

Leo

From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Doug Schaefer
Sent: Monday, May 29, 2006 4:32 PM
To: CDT General developers list.
Subject: RE: [cdt-dev] MBS Question

Thanks guys. I had a feeling this would be difficult. And it actually points out that I should be enumerating the versions that I support and make sure that the options are appropriately defined for those versions. I can use isToolChainSupported to make sure I have that version installed, which I assume is the way it was intended to work J.

Thanks again!

Doug Schaefer, QNX Software Systems

Eclipse CDT Project Lead, Tools PMC member

http://cdtdoug.blogspot.com