Re: [dsdp-dd-dev] Re: [cdt-dev] Re: New Debug Model

Hi Doug, Pawel,

The debugger consists of two parts: a XDI VM agent and client (or UI). There are intentions to contribute the agent part into the Apache Harmony project (http://incubator.apache.org/projects/harmony.html ). The client part is intended to be contributed into Eclipse as a debugger plug-in. So the debugger is going to be released into open source.

We are working on the Approach 4. At the CDT Spring Summit we had a prototype working with Java and demonstrating a workability of XDI in generic case. Currently, we have a support for Java language as a XDI extension and continue to work on the _proof_of_concept_ implementation supporting native code.

Vitaly

--
Vitaly Provodin,
Intel Middleware Products Division