RE: [cdt-dev] Turning off ctags indexer

I’ve changed the little comment after the indexer names. It’s now

-          Full Indexer (slow but accurate)

-          Fast Indexer (faster but less accurate)

I have had requests to keep the full indexer around due to its better accuracy so am hesitant to call it “Legacy”. But I would like a better name than “Fast” so if anyone has suggestions…

I’m also wandering what to call the indexer that runs in ctags mode (i.e ignores all include statements all together), but that probably won’t show up until 4.0 or maybe 3.1.1 and then only if people are having a hard time with the “Fast” indexer.

BTW. The default indexer is the Null one, i.e. no indexing at all. I have put a check box in the Indexer preference page that will allow you to change all the projects in your workspace to the selected default. That should make it easier to turn things on.

Doug Schaefer, QNX Software Systems

Eclipse CDT Project Lead, Tools PMC member

http://cdtdoug.blogspot.com