Re: [cdt-dev] Major PDOM changes in HEAD

On Friday 19 May 2006 07:09, Doug Schaefer wrote:
> Hmm, now that I've met my performance targets using caching, maybe I'll put
> it back to PDOM per project. The other problem I ran into was the amount of
> of memory mapped chunks allowed under Windows which I addressed by making
> the chunks bigger.
>
> I have to agree that this would make the reuse feature easier. I'll sleep
> on it but if you have a strong opinion let me know. The good news is that
> it should be easy to change back (and is a good test of my architecture :).

I think a per workspace solution is doomed sooner or later. What for example
happens if you have two projects in the same workspace that contain the same
files, but need to be built with different set of macros (like local cross
builds)?

> Doug Schaefer, QNX Software Systems
> Eclipse CDT Project Lead, Tools PMC member
> http://cdtdoug.blogspot.com

Lothar
--
Lothar Werzinger Dipl.-Ing. Univ.