[cdt-dev] Fall 2006 CDT Summit

Hey gang,

We need to start planning for our Fall Summit. Our last two, last Fall at QNX and this Spring after EclipseCon at Intel, were very useful to the community and we want to keep the tradition going.

We picked a week out of the air, Sept 26-28, location likely to be back up in here in Ottawa. The main topic for the week would be closing plans for CDT 4.0. We’d also talk about beyond 4.0 and come up with a wish list of features that we can shop around to see if anyone would be interested in working on them.

So first, a few questions:

1)       Would you like to attend?

2)       Is this week O.K. for you? I know ESC Boston is that week. Does that conflict for anyone?

3)       Is there anything specific you’d like to see discussed at the summit?

The important thing for now is the numbers. If we get more than last year, we’ll need to find a bigger location. Which brings up the next question:

4)       What do you feel about a registration fee to help cover the costs of a larger location?

Please let me know as soon as possible the answers to these questions. You can respond to me directly or if you’d like others to see your answers or to start a conversation about them on the list, feel free to do that.

Thanks, I’m already looking forward to it J.

Doug Schaefer, QNX Software Systems

Eclipse CDT Project Lead, Tools PMC member

http://cdtdoug.blogspot.com

Back to the top