RE: [cdt-dev] Modifiable AST

I guess our stance is that we'd love to have it. As far as I know no one is
working on it at the moment but we'd accept contributions towards making it
happen.

Doug Schaefer, QNX Software Systems
Eclipse CDT Project Lead, Tools PMC member
http://cdtdoug.blogspot.com

Hi,

in order to get better support for refactoring and more tool support, it
seems
necessary to have some kind of modifiable AST, where you can create or
modify
nodes and have them "rewritten" to code.

I've heard of a number of people being interested in such functionality and
I'm wondering what the cdt-devel's stance is on this.

Cheers,
Carsten
--
Fraunhofer Institute Computer Architecture and Software Technology, FIRST
Kekuléstraße 7, 12489 Berlin