From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Doug Schaefer
Sent: Wednesday, April 05, 2006 7:16 AM
To: CDT General developers list.
Subject: RE: [cdt-dev] Toolchain Builtins and Indexing

Yes, the indexer doesn’t really know what’s a built in versus a user include path or macro. And, yes, the indexer only indexes header files that are not part of the project when they are included by files in the project. Our “Full” indexer operates just like a compiler and will parse header files every time they included by a file that has changed. The new “Fast” indexer (which is introduced as part of the PDOM feature) will only parse each header file once.

Doug Schaefer, QNX Software Systems

Eclipse CDT Project Lead, Tools PMC member

http://cdtdoug.blogspot.com