[cdt-dev] Re: [platform-debug-dev] Asynchronous Viewers

Thanks, Darin. I am forwarding this discussion to the cdt-dev list.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Darin Wright" <Darin_Wright@xxxxxxxxxx> To: "Eclipse Platform Debug component developers list." <platform-debug-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, April 04, 2006 10:55 AM
Subject: Re: [platform-debug-dev] Asynchronous Viewers

We are using the asynchronous viewers to implement some of the CDT
views. I
have seen problems with the Debug and Variables views in JDT. Is the
situation that bad that we better switch to our old implementation?
What
would you recomend to do?

Mikhail,

If you need asynchronous viewers then I would suggest to use our viewer
implementation. Currently, the packages marked as provisional are
intended to become API in some form in the next release. Clients writing
custom views will likely want to use the asynch viewer implementation as
well - however, we are not committed to open up that API in the next
release - it could take a couple releases.

The implementation of the viewers is stable, but did undergo a lot of
changes as we moved from non-virtual to virtual trees/tables. If you
have seen problems with the debug views, please file bugs so we are
aware of the problems.

Thanks,

Darin

Back to the top