From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Doug Schaefer
Sent: Monday, April 03, 2006 9:18 AM
To: CDT General developers list.
Subject: [cdt-dev] Windows Registry Access

Hey gang,

I have implemented a utility to get at the Windows registry in a class called WindowsRegistry (of course) in the cdt.core. Right now I’ve only implemented access to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE. But it’s a simple matter to add other ones. I have also only implemented read-access. We could do write as well but there are better Eclipse ways of doing such things (e.g. preference scopes).

The idea is to find out install information for various tools that we need to integrate with, e.g. cygwin, mingw, msvc. Please feel free to make use of it where you can. One good place is the cygwin entry in the PATH variable for managed build where we currently do a shell call to regedit.

Doug Schaefer, QNX Software Systems

Eclipse CDT Project Lead, Tools PMC member

http://cdtdoug.blogspot.com

Back to the top