[cdt-dev] Extreme Indexer Programming

Hey gang,

I’ve made some monster changes to the indexing architecture in the last couple of days. If you see some odd things with search and friends, that would be why. If

there is something broken that is bugging you please let me know and I put it at the head of my queue.

For those interested, everything in PDOM indexing now starts at the PDOMManager, which you can get off of the CCorePlugin. From there it will farm out requests to PDOM objects, which are per project. Change requests are handed off to the indexer that is associated with a given PDOM as selected in the Indexer preference/project property UI.

The new “Fast” indexer is my new indexer which parses each file only once per change. The old ones, i.e. Full and ctags, are somewhat disabled now but I plan on getting them back on line by the end of April for feature freeze. They will use the same PDOM database architecture. All indexer clients will be ported to the PDOM as well to keep things simple and clean.

Cheers,

Doug Schaefer, QNX Software Systems

Eclipse CDT Project Lead, Tools PMC member

http://cdtdoug.blogspot.com

Back to the top