Skip to main content

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index] [List Home]
Re: [cdt-dev] Problems with build macro implementation

On 5/27/05, Bala Torati <ramprasadtbg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Mikhail,

I have set Breakpoints at setVisible functions as mentioned. It seems the BuildPropertyPage class is calling the setVisible functions with correct values for visible argument. It's also getting(reading) all the Marco values correct. But somehow it's not displaying them on the  tab widget. I could see some places in which the graphic handler that displays the marco values having null/negitive values. I am not a GUI expert and so can't debug it any further. Neither I don't know what else needs to be checked.
Can you please help us by looking at this problem.

BTW Lars has sent the earlier mail on behalf of me, because my symbian mail is not working at the moment.


Hi Lars,
>We have tried this with the tip of the CVS repository and get the same effect. Where would be a good place to start setting breakpoints to figure out what's going on?
Try to start with the MacrosSetBlock.setVisible() for macros or EnvironmentSetBlock.setVisible() for environment. This is what gets called when you select the macro/environment tab.
Thank you,

From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Lars.Kurth@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, May 27, 2005 8:44 PM
To: cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [cdt-dev] Problems with build macro implementation

we are having a problem with the build macro implementation on one of our machines. We have been trying to play with different set-ups, but have not been able to identify a cause or remedy for the problem. Following scenario:
* Use M6 build as base-line.
* Check out cdt-build, except for the tests ... these would require cdt-core to be checked out as well
* Build and run project
Then in the second eclipse workspace...
* Create a C++ project: "Executable (gnu on windows)"
* Bring up project properties
* Go to macros tab
The dialog becomes unresponsive for a few seconds, and nothing is displayed (i.e. no tables at all). On the working setup, everything is correctly displayed.  The same applies to the environment tab. No exceptions, no errors.

We have tried this with the tip of the CVS repository and get the same effect. Where would be a good place to start setting breakpoints to figure out what's going on?

The only obvious difference between the machine setups is that the working setup uses JRE1.4.2_06, whereas the one which does not work uses JRE1.5.0_01.

Best Regards
-- Lars

********************************************************************** Symbian Software Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales with registered number 4190020 and registered office at 2-6 Boundary Row, Southwark, London, SE1 8HP, UK. This message is intended only for use by the named addressee and may contain privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, copy or take any action in reliance on it. If you have received this message in error please notify postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxx and delete the message and any attachments accompanying it immediately. Neither Symbian nor any of its subsidiaries accepts liability for any corruption, interception, amendment, tampering or viruses occurring to this message in transit or for any message sent by its employees which is not in compliance with Symbian corporate policy. ********************************************************************** _______________________________________________
cdt-dev mailing list


Back to the top