[cdt-dev] Source Folders for CDT projects?

Hey gang,

I remember this coming up in previous conversations but I'm not sure if
anything came of it. One of the solutions to our scalability problems with
the indexer would be to introduce the source folder concept as we see in
the JDT. This would allow the user to set the project root anywhere in
their source tree, but control which parts of it the indexer should bother
indexing. We could also, potentially, use this with the managed builder to
control what files it considers compiling.

Is there anyone working on such a beast? Or is this just a bad idea?

Thanks,
Doug Schaefer, IBM's Eclipse CDT Architect
Ottawa (Palladium), Ontario, Canada

Back to the top