Re: [cdt-dev] Sanity Issue with this morning's build

I am still getting hangs with this morning's build, just not in the same
spot all the time. I'm still trying to find a consistent scenario to
reproduce it.

Doug Schaefer, IBM's Eclipse CDT Architect
Ottawa (Palladium), Ontario, Canada

Bogdan Gheorghe/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA
Sent by: cdt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
03/31/2004 02:27 PM
Please respond to
cdt-dev

cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, cdt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject
Re: [cdt-dev] Sanity Issue with this morning's build

As usual Alain's right on the money - twas a problem in the IndexManager.
Apologies to Alain - fix is on the way.

Virtual donuts all around,
Bogdan

"Alain Magloire" <alain@xxxxxxx>
Sent by: cdt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
03/31/2004 12:21 PM

Please respond to
cdt-dev

cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
Re: [cdt-dev] Sanity Issue with this morning's build

> Hey gang,
>
> We are experiencing a hang when you do a autobuild in a Managed project
> when the Build Console isn't on top. Anybody (Alain :) have any ideas?

We've removed the old C-Build view and now use the default Console.
Usually when the sort of things you describe happens, the deadlock is
usually with the IndexManager.

If you suspend the target can you send me the dump of the threads
stackframe
I'll try to reproduce here.

Thanks.