RE: [cdt-dev] Managed Make and how you use it

I ran into different problems and posted them ~Christmas but haven't
had a chance to prototype any further.

[Additional comments snipped]

>Some of these are addressed in CDT 2 and some in patches.  But
>my general concern that I'm trying to grasp is the state of
>the Managed Make facility in terms of flexibility.  Are most
>people finding that it fulfills their needs (it seems to be
>very .c/.cpp to executable centric)?  Or do are a lot of
>people rolling their own managed make (seemed that way at
>EclipseCon)?  Any common technique you're using for
>extending/reusing Managed Make (e.g. inheriting from most
>classes, or just rewrite your own classes)?

We at QNX are moving away from our own "flavour" of managed make and
are moving towards ensuring that the CDT managed make either meets or
provides the extensions required to meet our needs (via patches and
discussions).  This work has not yet started in earnest.

Thanks,
 Thomas

Back to the top