Re: [cdt-dev] vanishing CDT? (Mac OS X)

Timothy,

I've reproduced this several times on Windows 2000.  I've logged a bug 50495 but I got no response yet.

I've recreated this by shutting down Eclipse with Task Manager and then restarting Eclipse (CDT disappeared afterwards).

regards,
Mathieu Lapensee
Software Verification -- IBM Rational

Timothy Perrigo <tperrigo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: cdt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

02/04/2004 08:16 AM

Please respond to
cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[cdt-dev] vanishing CDT? (Mac OS X)

I've been running CDT1.2.1RC1 with Eclipse 2.1.2 on Mac OS X, and up
till this morning had not encountered any major problems.  When I
started Eclipse this morning, however, I got an error saying that the
Workbench could not be restored.  The "details" said that the C/C++
projects, editor, and build views could not be created.  I shut down
Eclipse and started it again, and basically every trace of the CDT was
gone!  Window-->Open Perspective and Open View did not list any CDT
options.  All the feature/plugin directories were still there, but for
some reason they don't seem to be available.  I know the CDT isn't
officially supported on OS X, but does anyone have any ideas on what
might have happened, and how to fix it?  Is there work being done to
support OS X?

Any help would be appreciated!  Thanks!

Tim