[cdt-cloud-dev] Ongoing Initiative on Hardware Breakpoints in VS Code and Eclipse Theia

Hi all,

As mentioned in our last CDT Cloud meeting [1], we're diving into an exciting initiative with the goal of enabling support for hardware breakpoints and custom breakpoint data! Our plans include opening a GitHub issue to extend the Debug Adapter Protocol, paving the way for support in both VS Code and Eclipse Theia.

Asim (Gunes) has been kind enough to draft a more detailed summary of the discussions we had over the last few weeks on this topic. Check out the summary [2] for more details.

We'd love to hear your thoughts, so if you're interested in this topic, let's keep the conversation going on this mailing list and also feel free to comment directly in the document linked above. We'll be sending updates in this thread.

Best wishes,

Philip

[1] https://github.com/eclipse-cdt-cloud/cdt-cloud/wiki/CDT-Cloud-Meetings#october-23-2023-philip
[2] https://docs.google.com/document/d/12s0wCOU_hZ1IOltfRyBAPYCsXdPq_UT7vGN_uMuvhGw/edit

--
Dr. Philip Langer

CEO | Principal Software Architect
EclipseSource

EclipseSource Services GmbH
Schwindgasse 20 / 2-3
1040 Wien

General Manager: Dr. Philip Langer
Registered Office: Schwindgasse 20 / 2-3, 1040 Wien; Handelsgericht Wien, FN 421413a

Back to the top