[cdi-dev] Backward compatibility switch for CDI Full impl WRT empty beans.xml (was Re: Invitation to discuss proposals for future CDI release)

Hi All,

First apologies if I mention something that may have been discussed at length in the past.

In terms of the old scanning behavior with an empty beans.xml.  If a user modified their old application so that the empty beans.xml now contained `<beans bean-discovery-mode=“all”/>` would that enable the old behavior?

Also, do we still use the convention of an empty beans.xml for anything? (I’m guessing it enables the new behavior?)

-David