Re: [cdi-dev] [jakartaee-tck-dev] compatibility alert: Do (Platform TCK) tests that use Faces need CDI to be enabled (perhaps via empty beans.xml)?

Hi,

Thanks! I wonder if, in the future, it may be possible to have an SPI in CDI available so that Faces, after having discovered Faces content, can forcefully init CDI.

E.g. Faces is initialized by a ServletContainerInitialiser, and CDI often is as well. The order is unknown, but Faces could put a hint in the context for if CDI initializes later, and CDI could put a callback in the context if it executed but decided to not go ahead. That callback could be called by the Faces ServletContainerInitialiser to initialize CDI anyway.

Just some thoughts.

Kind regards,
Arjan Tijms