[cbi-dev] How to build my plugin on Jenkins?

Hi folks,

I'm trying to create and publish a new release of the Subversive project but can't find a way to do it. The project uses update sites (no Tycho nor Maven involved). So in theory, I can build these update sites by clicking "Build all" in Eclipse and upload them somewhere but because only Jenkins can upload the resulting artifacts directly to download.eclipse.org, this seems to be inadequate. Thus, my question is: How do I build the project on Jenkins?

I know Jenkins and that's why I looked for a command that can be executed on the command line in order to build the project. On my local machine, I tried to use the publisher which is recommended on help.eclipse.org but it just created meta data and not the binary artifacts. I used the following command: eclipse -application org.eclipse.equinox.p2.publisher.UpdateSitePublisher -source <udpateSite> -metadataRepository <URI> -artifactRepository <URI> -compress -append -publishArtifacts

In addition, I'm not sure if this works on Jenkins as it requires an Eclipse installation.

Can someone give me an advice on how to build the Subversive project on Jenkins?

Best regards,
Nicolas

Back to the top