Re: [cbi-dev] CI and Jenkins pipeline best practices

Hi Frederic

SCM polling is good, but periodical is good too.

For my projects I do SCM polling Monday to Saturday and a forced build on Sunday.

The latter ensures timely detection of EF/dependency API breakages so that there is a better chance that the problem is reported while still in the developer's minds and with a chance of fixing before a milestone.

The latter also avoids the confusion whereby your build breaks just after you've done a code change so you of course assume you broke it, but actually another project broke it first.

Regards

Ed Willink