[cbi-dev] Docker image with Xvnc working with Kubernetes agent?

Hi all,

I'm finally trying to create my own Docker image to run Wild Web Developer tests and runtime. WIP is at https://github.com/eclipse/wildwebdeveloper/blob/docker/docker/Dockerfile . The image seems correct locally (I can start vncserver, or at least it seems so) so I deployed it to hub.docker.com ( https://hub.docker.com/r/mickaelistria/wildwebdeveloper-build-test-dependencies/ ) to be able to reference it in our Jenkinsfile ( https://github.com/eclipse/wildwebdeveloper/blob/docker/Jenkinsfile#L15 ) and use it during build.
However, when the image is used on ci.eclipse.org, it's failing to start the vncserver with an error that looks like a user management issue:
`vncserver: Could not create //.vnc.` (from https://jenkins.eclipse.org/wildwebdeveloper/job/Wildwebdeveloper/job/docker/4/console ). This error makes me think it's because the current user of the Docker image is not named to it's not possible to infer a correct path.

So, from here, a couple of questions:
1. Does anyone already cover this scenario and can link to an existing Dockerfile or docker image which successfully runs I could use as baseline?
2. Can anyone advise of how I could fix that? Would defining the USER environment variable be a valid workaround?

Thanks in advance

--
Mickael Istria