Re: [cbi-dev] Is there support for all previous releases of Eclipse?

On 07/10/2014 12:14 PM, Phil Mason wrote:

> Both in the case of tags or the maintenance branches, I need only to do this?

I’m also trying to build the R4_4_maintenance branch as well and when I try (from a clean repo, checking things out using the commands below) the build fails whilst building org.eclipse.rcp.configuration with this error:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.eclipse.tycho:tycho-packaging-plugin:0.20.0:validate-version (default-validate-version) on project org.eclipse.rcp.configuration: Unqualified OSGi version 1.0.1.qualifier must match unqualified Maven version 1.0.2-SNAPSHOT for SNAPSHOT builds -> [Help 1]

I’ve looked in eclipse.platform.releng.aggregator/eclipse.platform.releng.tychoeclipsebuilder/rcp.config/pom.xml which does contains 1.0.2-SNAPSHOT.

Can anyone suggest what I’m doing wrong?

Hi Phil,

In the rcp.config directory there is 2 files feature.xml and pom.xml and both specify a version.

In feature.xml there's a line that says:

version="1.0.1.qualifier"

and in pom.xml there's another line that says:

  <version>1.0.2-SNAPSHOT</version>

The pom.xml file must have been version bumped but forgot to also bump the feature.xml version. Tycho requires both these versions to be exactly the same in order to build.

I guess your best bet here is to bump the feature.xml version to match.

Hope this helps,

Thanh

Back to the top