Re: [cbi-dev] Problems building Eclipse Platform from the R4_3_maintance branch

Hi Thanh,

Thanks for taking the time to try and reproduce my issue,

> can you confirm that you've wiped out ~/.m2/repository?

Yes, I removed the whole .m2 folder.

> and also can you confirm you've run the commands:  git clean -fdx ...

I do run those commands but I'm not sure if that is needed as I'm doing a fresh clone of the source each time I try to build at present

> Also might be worth giving us your "mvn -version" output too. Also what OS are you running on? and how did you install Maven (using your distro's package manager?)?

Happy to comply:
# mvn --version
Warning: JAVA_HOME environment variable is not set.
Apache Maven 3.1.1 (0728685237757ffbf44136acec0402957f723d9a; 2013-09-17 16:22:22+0100)
Maven home: /projects/firepath/tools/team/packages/x86_64-rhel4/maven/3.1.1
Java version: 1.6.0_21, vendor: Sun Microsystems Inc.
Java home: /tools/oss/packages/x86_64-rhel5/java/jdk1.6.0_21/jre
Default locale: en_US, platform encoding: ISO-8859-1
OS name: "linux", version: "2.6.18-238.5.1.el5", arch: "amd64", family: "unix"

So I'm running on RHEL5 and I installed maven by hand after downloading it from the Maven website.

Today I've managed to show that if I change the checkout command after the clone in my original instructions to "git checkout master" I can build OK so my system isn't totally busted :-).

The attached script reproduces a build that fails on my system and I think I've removed anything that makes it specific to my world. The only assumption it makes is that there is a folder called eclipse.platform.releng.aggregator containing the source.

Also, should I be able to checkout tags and build them? If I do the clone and then "git checkout R4_3; git submodule update" before the running the clean commands you supplied and then running mvn things fail with this message

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.maven.execution.MavenSession.getRepositorySession()Lorg/sonatype/aether/RepositorySystemSession;
        at org.eclipse.tycho.core.maven.utils.PluginRealmHelper.execute(PluginRealmHelper.java:92)

and that seems to be the same for whatever tag I check out. I'd like to do this if I could because really I want to be able to reproduce the 4.3 release build rather than tracking the maintenance branch.

Thanks again for taking the time.

All the best

Phil