Re: [cbi-dev] Build tool comparison

Yep. It comes down to the size of the community using them in my books.

My $0.02, and they touch on this:
  • If you're starting a new project from scratch, be sure to consider gradle. Don't just use it blindly though.
  • If you're already using Maven for a mature project, stay put for now. Keep an eye out for what comes along in a few years.
  • If you're already using ant + ivy for a mature project and it's working well, staying put is probably a good idea. Keep an eye out also.
Being able to find lots of examples and good documentation is important. It's a good idea to follow the herd for build technologies rather than jump on the cool new thing that may not take off.

Andrew